GES opens vacancy for Headship position – Apply now
The Ghana Education Service (GES) is accepting applications from all appropriate and certified professional teachers for consideration for employment as headteachers.
The Municipal Director of Education – K.E.E.A for Regional Director of Education in the Region, Mrs. Justine Ivy Apawu, stated that there are openings for the positions of Assistant Headmaster/Headmistress in some Senior High Technical Schools in the Central Region in an official letter that she signed.
As a result, the Region is accepting applications from professional teachers who meet the necessary qualifications for consideration for employment in the Region.
a. Must be a Graduate Professional Teacher with at least Five (5) years of teaching experience in a Second Cycle School. A Second Degree is an advantage.
b. Must be on the grade of an Assistant Director I or above and must have been on the grade for a minimum of two (2) years.
c. Must be able to serve at least four (3) years before he/she retires from the service.
d. Must have held any one or a combination of the following positions for a minimum of two (2) years.
- Unit Head at Metro/Municipal/District Education Directorates.
- Head of Department.
- Senior Housemaster/Housemistress
- Guidance and Counselling Coordinator
- In addition to the above, an applicant must have a satisfactory conduct and work history with the Ghana Education Service.
- Applicant must be ready to accept appointment and postings to any school within the Region where vacancy may exist for Assistant Head.