The Ghana Education Service at Mampong Municipal has responded the claims of a publish made by voltapage.com concerning teacher trainee on teaching practice impregnates 24 girls, headmistress and four other female teacher.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
RE: TEACHER TRAINEE ON TEACHING PRACTICE IMPREGNATES 24 GIRLS, HEADMISTRESS AND FOUR FEMALE TEACHERS -VOLTAWEBPAGE.COM Asokore Mampong,
Thursday 2nd June, 2022 – The attention of the Asokore Mampong Municipal Education Directorate has been drawn to a publication claiming that a teacher trainee doing his internship in one of the M/A schools under the Education Directorate has impregnated 24 school girls, four female teachers and the headmistress of the alleged school.
- The Asokore Mampong Municipal Education Directorate hereby informs the general public that this publication is totally false. The Education Directorate since its inception, has not engaged colleges of Education to post teacher trainees into any of our schools.
- Teacher trainees are posted within their home-regions. Trainees are posted to schools in districts within their Region of studies and are mostly sent to schools that lack trained teachers. Asokore Mampong does not have such challenge.
- There are eight (8) M/A schools under the Education Directorate, all of these school are headed by males except Aboabo M/A JHS which is headed by a female who is far advance in age and is due for retirement in 2023.
- The Directorate has records to prove the reduction of teenage pregnancy in our schools. The Girls’ Education unit has over the past 3 years recorded lower number of pregnant school girls in schools in our Municipality.
- As part of our open door policy, the Asokore Mampong Education Directorate is ever ready to provide further information and clarification on this and related matters.
The media is admonished to contact us to verify or confirm issues regarding education in the municipality at any time.